Walnut Creek Personal Injury FAQ
The following are answers to some frequently asked questions provided by the Sudano Law Firm’s personal injury lawyer in Walnut Creek:
- Can I Still Obtain Compensation Even if I was Partially at Fault in the Accident?
Yes. California follows the rule of “pure comparative fault.” This means that you can recover at least a portion of your repair bills, medical expenses, and other losses regardless of your level of fault in the accident. For example, if you are found to have been sixty percent (60%) at fault in a car accident, you will be able to recover forty percent (40%) of your losses.
- My Injuries are Going to Require Long-Term Care. Can I Obtain Compensation for Future Medical Expenses?
Yes. When you hire an experienced personal injury attorney in Walnut Creek to represent you, you will be able to obtain financial recovery for both (i) your medical bills for emergency care and other treatment immediately following the accident, and (ii) any rehabilitative, occupational, and other long-term treatment you need as a result of your injuries sustained in the collision. You will also be able to obtain money to cover prescription costs and other ongoing expenses.
- What Happens if I Can’t Return to Work as a Result of My Injuries?
If you suffer catastrophic injuries in a vehicle collision or other accident that prevent you from returning to work, our personal injury lawyer in Walnut Creek can help you obtain financial compensation for your lost future earning capacity. This is in addition to recovering lost wages for time you missed from work following the accident.
- What are Some Common Examples of Negligence in Car and Motorcycle Accident Cases?
Some examples of negligence in Bay Area auto accidents for which our personal injury attorney in Walnut Creek can help you seek financial compensation include injuries caused by another person’s:
- Handheld cell phone use (texting or making calls)
- Reckless driving
- Changing lanes without signaling
- Improper merge
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- What are the Benefits of Hiring a Walnut Creek Personal Injury Lawyer for My Auto Accident Claim?
When you work with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Walnut Creek, you can rest assured knowing that your case is being handled by someone who has the knowledge and experience needed to obtain the maximum available compensation for your losses. Personal injury and wrongful death claims require a great deal of expertise in a wide range of areas, so this is not a time when you want to risk going at it alone. At the Sudano Law Firm, we offer free consultations and you pay nothing until we win your case. Even paying the contingency fee charged by most personal injury attorneys in Walnut Creek, you are still very likely to walk away with a larger recovery than if you had tried to negotiate with the insurance companies directly.
Speak with a Knowledgeable Walnut Creek Personal Injury Lawyer
For more information, or to schedule your free consultation with Bay Area personal injury lawyer Brian Sudano, please contact us today.